Serial Printer Issues

whirlair

Hey all,
I'm wondering if someone on here could help me figure out this serial label printer. It is a Mettler Toledo 8863 Label Printer. I have it connected via serial cable to my laptop, and I have been trying to use Hyperterminal to mess with it. Whey I type something and press enter, it will print what I typed. Now the problem: It will not respond to any of the commands listed in the manual.

I have tried typing in these commands in every way imaginable and have not gotten a response back from the print once. The manual says command <STX>KC<CR> is supposed to have the printer send the current configuration of the printer, but it never responds.

How would I type that in ASCII so the printer sends something back? The manual says STX = 0x02 and CR = 0x0D.

Hope that makes sense, I'm out of ideas. The overall goal is to print a label with the name of a bulk material, and the date.

Thanks!

I'll give that a try. I think I figured most of it out now, but there is not much documentation on Hyperterminal for messing with printers that I could find.

Thanks.