Serial pulse train.

Why are the data bits inverted (from the way the bits appear on the scope)

1) Bernie said so in his post above.
2) I remember something to that effect from having messed with RS-232 on a scope some years ago.
3) The initial data word was revealed, and the only way to get it to 'fit' is to 'invert' what one intuitively thinks is the logic state.
4) an interpretation of the EIA standard at the link I posted above states, "a logic high will appear as a low voltage between -3v and -15v when probed on the bus". Something about the drivers inverting the logic. Remember the little circles on the tips of triangles reperesenting the drivers in digital logic circuits? Probably what's inside those serial chips.

Dan

Similar Topics

Does anyone know of an AOI using the user ASCII protocol select on the L6x controllers that will talk Modbus RTU using RS-485? Thanks, Trevor...
Replies
Views
I have 9 field devices, three METSEPM5110 power meters and six ACE949-2 rs285 interface modules. I want to read this Modbus rtu data through rs485...
Replies
Views
I have lm9030 program on my toughbook CF-29 cannot get my program to hook up with the serial port.
Replies
Views
I have a project to setup base programs across multiple PLC platforms that can be used for Modbus communications to various sensors that have...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I am a college student currently working on my senior year engineering capstone project. As part of this project, I have been given an...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom