Should You Be Registered To Post - Part 2

Should You Be Registered To Post?

• Yes! It doesn't take that much to register.

Votes: 72 83.7%
  • No! It would reduce the number of those who post.

Votes: 14 16.3%

• Total voters
You probably don't think it is sincere Phil , but I will thank you for a good - the best PLC forum -
The odd loony makes you realise you are not so loopy after all , and so things got a bit heated , well no one got hurt did they ? perhaps there is a lot to be said for people to fight it out anyhow - things soon assume a status , and the dedicated pain in the arse will get ignored anyhow .

BTW which foreign land ?

I have frequented several other forums, and every one, except this one, has a blow up of some sort (personality conflicts, problems with mods, changes that some don't like), every 8-16 months. Usually a few members leave in a huff. Some come back later. All of them require registration.

From what I have seen, this forum has been fortunate. Maybe being able to snipe without creating long lasting hatreds helps prevent major problems.

The foreign country may be an anonomyzer- type site.

Phil Melore said:
From experience, a 'guest' who causes problems is generally a 'disgruntled member'. The typical guest poster though, is a visitor who either just found us or one who will come by every 6 months or so and ask a question.

Maybe you have already done this, but a "I know who you" are PM or email may help, with a threat to "out" them if it continues.

I really do go back and forth on this subject.

Goody's comment on Mrplc.com about the "salutory warning" thread concerned me. The argument is that requiring registration prevents good info. It appears that allowing disruptive posts does, too.

Hi Folks,

I have reconsidered my stance on guests being allowed to post.

Effective immediately only registered users may post, download attachments, etc. Guests may only view and search the forum.

I hope this adjustment will help lead to a more positive experience for us all. :)

Enjoy,

Stephen Luft said:
Phil,

May, I ask, what changed your mind?

Sure. A few hours of research into the 'real situation' and where the headaches came from. In the end registration seemed hard to resist...

Let's see the results and progress from there. (y)

Enjoy,

Just a quick comment:
I don’t disagree with your decision, but I lament the fact that one or two individuals caused this to happen, and thus inconveniencing many many others.

(n)