Should You Be Registered To Post?

Should Someone Be Registered Before Posting?

• No, It is not neccessary

Votes: 43 52.4%
  • Yes, WITH e-mail address verification

Votes: 24 29.3%
  • Yes, but no verifcation neccessary

Votes: 6 7.3%
  • Who Cares?

Votes: 9 11.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Think of the occasional troll as the relatively small price we have to pay for the free exchange of ideas.

No matter what Phil does, there will always be some childish idiot who takes perverse pleasure in abusing the forum. We should take pity on the trolls because their daddies never took the time to play catch with them in the backyard when they were just wee laddies. Consequently, they never grew up.

On the other hand, consider that one man's trollery is another's side-splitting humor (humour).

In short, put it in perspective. In the grand scheme of things, the attempts by trolls to antagonize the forum members don't amount to much more than a f**t in a hurricane.

Just for starting a thread not for joining other threads

I just read a posting of an unregistered guest commenting on a question in a thread.
Maybe it's an idea to let unregistered guest start a thread by asking a question but only let them post answers and additional questions in "their own" thread.
People who want to post in threads that are not started by them, should not be allowed to do, so unless they register.
This way anybody can start a thread and can keep on posting in this thread.
People who are really interested in this forum will register to be able to join the discussion in other threads and it will(might....) keep away the unregistered trolls.

Wow! It looks like I missed out on all the fun. Especially for this post to resurface. I had thought that this had already played out. So what happened in my absence? (there you go; school getting in the way of fun again! ;))

Bob

I still think that it is a good idea to register first. I think that it is okay to have some fun here. It is obvious that there are many good friends here, and they have probably never met. There is no reason that people shouldn't register. It doesn't take that long to do. Even if it is for only one question. I think that there should be a title under the persons name. While patch.com has things like jedi-knight, I think that is is okay to just say student, technician, electrician, engineer, idiot, or whatever.

just my thoughts. pdavis

Last edited:
I agree with having to register, to respond to a post other than your own. I am fairly new to this site (8Months), but have already come to know alot of names I can trust. I put more faith in someone who responds with a name, than without.