Siemens 315-2 PN/DP - Beijer Mobile Panel

Yes, it does work with the Exter panels.
But, your are probably running it on a PC, and I will use an additional panel.
Like somebody stated earlier in the thread, you can not run remote access viewer on another panel, as it is meant for a PC...

Andreas

I really should read the posts more carefully.

I realise that you are invested in using the Mobile panel but.. Dump the Mobile panel it is going to cause you nothing but headaches, or be prepared to reprogram it each time you want to connect to a different PLC.

I get your point, these things are sometimes a bit more tricky then the initial impression.

So, what are my options? I can't hand over a pc to the operators in order for them to run Remote Access Viewer...
It will be either damaged or stolen within a few days/months...
Operators working on a heavy fuel engine can not run around with a Windows laptop...

Do you have any suggestions to an alternative solution?
We did consider small Exter panels mounted on the engine, but because of heat and vibrations we wanted to avoid that.

Remember that they will only need possibility to read data in a limited amount of time...

I have considered to make a configuration where the panel read data from all the plcs at the same time, and there is no need for the IP address routing. The problem is that they might get confused with which engine they are reading data from...

Brg
Andreas

Well, the manual says that it can handle up to 20 controllers. I was able to add them in pheripherals in E-Designer, so I reckon it will work...

ANdreas

You can always do the hard job on one of the CPUS.

Since they are all connected, you can configure the panel to get the symbols from a data block of one CPU.
On that CPU you will receive a signal from the panel with the number of the engine to read/write data, that number will tell the CPU from which of the others CPU's to copy the data from.

(forgive me, for my bad english...)

Do you have any suggestions to an alternative solution?
How about something like one of these:
http://www.winmate.com.tw/TabletPC/rugged_tablet_9.7.htm?showblock=OS

http://www.winmate.com.tw/TabletPC/TabletPCQuery_Tab.asp?Type=B01040542

http://ruggedpcreview.com/3_slates_drs_armor_x10.html

Just make sure that the screen resolution is 800x600 or better so that it can display the 640x480 of the HMIs.

The problem is that they might get confused with which engine they are reading data from...
You could add a background block on each HMI that has the number of the machine and maybe even colour code each system.

Yes, it does work with the Exter panels.
But, your are probably running it on a PC, and I will use an additional panel.
Like somebody stated earlier in the thread, you can not run remote access viewer on another panel, as it is meant for a PC...

Andreas

Strange if it doesn't exist an app for a smartphone.

Kalle

The system is not wireless, and you can't fiddle with your smartphone when your hands are full of heavy fuel oil...