Siemens card wiring

Lc1

Hi,
I have a question about the following IO card: 6DL1131-6BL00-OPH1. This is a 32 channel card that can be used as 1 wire or 2 wire. My first question is in relation to the power supply. just to confirm that the card itself needs 24VDC to operate and this is supplied across terminals 1p1 and 1p2?

can this card be used for the following valve box ( think top V50) where a separate 24VDC supply is taken to the valve box and then the closed signal on pin 4 for example is taken back to DI.0+, does this still count as 1 wire?

thanks.

32.jpg thinktop.jpg

Should work as you describe it apart from using the card as 1 & 2 wire. Digital inputs/channels is always 1-wire. The card/terminals supports supplying sensors, that is probably what you and Siemens mean with 2-wire.
Which pin assignment used is depending on application for the valve, isn´t the energized state more of interest (pin5)?

Thanks for the reply. Yes I am finding Siemens terminology a little confusing as there are also different terminal blocks that can be purchased which will allow a “2 wire” connection. I believe the client may change there mind to both pins 4&5 being used from the valve box.
Thanks again