Siemens Hardware Profile

stevensonjeff

Lifetime Supporting Member
Don't work with Siemens much so bear with me here. Trying to work with a CPU 314C-2PN/DP (6ES7314-6EH04-0AB0). Wasn't in my available processor list, so checked and Siemens said I need Ver 5.5 or higher and HSP #191. Have Ver 5.5. Went to Hardware update, downloaded and installed the HSP. Checked after installing and it shows up as installed. Went back into S7 and it still is not in the list. Any ideas what I missed? Thanks

Sorry guys, I am an idiot. The processor was in fact in the hardware listing, I was just not seeing it because I was starting the project using quick start and it was not listed in the quick start menu. Guess that's what I get for being lazy. Thanks for the help.

Similar Topics

Hi all, This is going to be a long post apologies. I'm also a complete beginner to the world of PLCs. I'm currently working on my first ever...
Replies
Views
When I download a hardware configuration using the step 7, it first asks me to select the target module. Only option that is offered is the CPU...
Replies
Views
Hello ! :) Struggling here with choice of technology for a big project. background: we have always used SIEMENS but after recent hiccups some...
Replies
Views
Hi, Something weird in simatic: Hardware differs. So I downloaded the hardware config form the s7 hardware configurator after save and compile...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, once more I need your help: Siemens Part Number 6GK1571-0BA00-0AA0, (see the attached image) is this the correct part for...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom