Siemens HMI tp27 questions

Ozymaster

Morning all.

iv inherited a machine with a Siemens tp27 touch screen HMI unit on it, and handily the operators have just smashed the screen, its still usable but we need a spare to replace.

internet searches suggest the unit is now outdated, (and i believe its replacement is now out dated) any one suggest a suitable replacement? and also what software would we need to get it up and running?

im not a programming expert but i have done some basics with Siemens s7 although anything more than basic lader and FBD starts to go over my head.

cheers

TP 27 6" or 10" only has 2 TTY and one MPI/PPI interface (to old for USB).

Last edited:
If you're looking to update to a current model, then that would probably be a Basic panel. Hypothetically, it should be possible to migrate the protool project into WInCC Flexible, and then to migrate the WInCC Flexible project into WInCC V13, the current software.

That is, IF, you have a copy of the HMI project. If you don't, then you might be able to do a binary backup of your current TP27, but then it could only be loaded into another TP27.

Thanks for that nonuke. I just noticed you also pointed out in your previous post that the software needed is Protool which I missed.
Just for Ozymaster's reference Protool projects can be imported into WinCC Flexible if you don't have Protool but have a copy of that on your system.