Siemens S5 and S7 Key Disks

Backups for protect your own license is OK

Goback....Teledisk.,..Virtual pc,...Floppy image ,Norton gohst..
Bad copy..

Becareful

👨🏻‍🏫
Legal ....Illegal...
I hope you go in a right way

S5 & S7 Licenses

I already lost my licenses, so I can't GoBack or take another backup file.
Does anyone know how I can make new count on my hard disk from at least Step7 professional 5.3?
When I have them back I wil make an image, already bought Norton Ghost.

JesperMP said:
Simply contact Siemens support.
They will give you the enable code to reset the license.

This is true, but it can be a pain in the neck - I spent over 50 minutes on the phone a couple of days ago before we managed to successfully transfer my ProTool licenses to a Laptop with only a USB Floppy (because of a variety of problems, including incompatible Floppies on other PCs). I don't want to have to repeat that process too often!

License

RMA said:
This is true, but it can be a pain in the neck - I spent over 50 minutes on the phone a couple of days ago before we managed to successfully transfer my ProTool licenses to a Laptop with only a USB Floppy (because of a variety of problems, including incompatible Floppies on other PCs). I don't want to have to repeat that process too often!

I have that same problem and thats why I want to recover the licenses myself.

i have software tool ANADISK but how can I make backup of Siemens Licence Diskette that i don't know. Can you please give me a complete procedure?

Thanks.

As a commissioning engineer of 14 years world wide experience I have to agree that the system of activation files for PLC programming software in my opinion is very bad.

Several times I have been in remote locations with no internet etc. not even a reliable phone and for one reason or another, the Rockwell or Siemens licence files have screwed up.

Without having a backup you are completely screwed. In these situations with communications problems, time difference etc., simply calling the tech support for a new disk or reset code etc. is simply not an option.

This has been done a 100 times before , and yes , I agree on your comments regarding being stuck half way up the limpopo and losing your licenses . One of the things that puzzles me slightly is that people go to places like this without worrying about backing up their operating system , or program files .

My solution is a USB harddrive with a couple of images of the laptop harddrive - One clean with no operating system , and one with all my software installed , but no junk . I reckon that I can get back to running in under an hour if I have a problem .

I won't go into backing up of keydisks - unless you have the ability to run pure dos , a lot of the software won't work , but if you do possess a genuine license , there are many simple ways that don't require too much thought that allow the user to make an image of their license - not their license diskette - I would also agree that I have always found AB and Siemens pretty fair (so long as you can contact them) with regard to license recovery .
I think siemens have done the right thing with offering a slimmed down version of S7 for download - it is enough to allow full functionality without networking , if anyone needs more than this , then it is for a commercial job , and I don't care where people are in the world , the job is worth the same .

I wont help in explaining how to copy the license (No dout some dofus will help with this).
However, I can give two tips that can be used with Siemens software in case you are stuck somewhere with a scratched license floppy:

1. Simply install the software and skip the license transfer. Then when you start the software, you will prompted to install a license or accept to activate the trial license. Just accept the trial license and you have 14 days to do what you want to do.

or..

2. Install the software on the target PC, and if you have your laptop with a similar license, or maybe the license on a USB stick, then transfer the license to the target PC, and then back again to the laptop/USB stick. There will be a trail on the target PC that there was once a license installed, and the software then allows you to run as normal - but with frequent nag-screens. I guess that the logic in that is that Siemens figures that you are a legitimate owner of the software that just happens to have trouble with a corrupt license.
(Note: It is only possible to use a USB stick with "floating" type licenses).

Please note that the above is legal as long as you have actually purchased the number of softwares that you are actually running. So it is OK if the problem is with the license floppy or the floppy drive itself.

Good tip re licensing then unlicensing - S7 5.4 certainly won't run unless it was once licensed .

I think most yellow disks get damaged by "enterprising" techs thinking they can just do a simple copy .

While I have all of my yellow disks in a box somewhere , the first thing I like to do is get my keys on a nice stable medium like a harddisk or a USB stick . I have one old Rockwell Industrial CF card - only 64MB , but I keep a backup of all of my rockwell and siemens keys on it .

We Lost Our Authorization Disks When Our Hard Disk Crash. We Told Siemens About This, And Told Us To Send To Them The Disk, With Serial No. In 2 Weeks Time, We Have The Diskette With License Key Already.

deandutch said:
I already lost my licenses, so I can't GoBack or take another backup file.
Does anyone know how I can make new count on my hard disk from at least Step7 professional 5.3?
When I have them back I wil make an image, already bought Norton Ghost.

WE HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM AS YOURS, WHEN OUR HARDISK CRASHED. WE JUST CONTACT SIEMENS, AND TOLD US TO SEND THE FD WITH SERIAL NUMBER. WE SEND TO SIEMENS , THEN IN TWO WEEKS TIME WE HAVE IT ALREADY.

CAUTION: BE SURE YOU ACQUIRE IT LEGALLY.

There you go - if you have legit software , I don't think you have any to worry about on the siemens front - I haven't tried it yet , but there is a facility to web license with the new ALM - I have tried the network licensing which works well .

10BaseT. said:
There you go - if you have legit software , I don't think you have any to worry about on the siemens front - I haven't tried it yet ,
but there is a facility to web license with the new ALM - I have tried the network licensing which works well .

10BaseT, thank for the advice. We will try the facility to web license.

I have never tried it as I have no need - but I have no reason to doubt that it works .

Siemens are actually reasonably helpful with things like this - if you are legit , they will help you.