Siemens S7 CPU Locked

Yes, I know Jesper, that's why I made it clear that the guy hadn't mentioned whether or not it was effectively a ClearPLC effect or not - especially in view of the fact that the original inquierer wasn't bothered.

It's always worth inquiring , though.

S7-300 CPU Locked

Thanks RMA, JesperMP, jrwb4gbm and Ken M,

I need to get past the password but cannot risk losing
the program as I don't have the Step7 project. If I can
get past the password then I can generate a new project.

I will try to email andi in Germany.
Regards............John Gaunt

S7-300 CPU Locked

While I am not familiar with this brand of PLC, the password and other programming instructions are probably stored in an EAROM - Electrically Alterable Read Only Memory chip. So if the chip is in a socket, you could remove the chip and put it in a reading device and dump the contents out to a reader, then you should be able to recover the password. Obviously this is what the manufacturer could do for you if you could get them to do it.

It sounds like a hacker with the right tools could decode it for you. Unfortunatley I don't have the tools available but in theory, that's the way to go.

S7 CPU Locked

Thanks bobsheck,
I will keep your suggestion in mind. Unfortunately I don't have the equipment available to read the memory chip. I have tried monitoring the communications between the Step7 PC and the PLC and find that it is encoded or encripted.
Regards.............John Gaunt

S7 CPU Locked

Thanks bobsheck and RMA,
Look like the memory card is the way to go.
As indicated by RMA there is somebody in Germany who for a fee will decode the data on the memory card and provide the password.
This is his e-mail address: [email protected]

I expect this will solve my problem.
Thanks again.

s7-300 cpu locked

Dear John,

This is martin from china, i have a same problem with yours,and have same situation like yours before. i need your help.
our cpu type as belows
CPU module: CPU315-2DP 315-2AF03-0AB0
FLASH card: MC 951/128KB /5V FLASH
6ES7 951-0KG00-0AA0

as your mentioned,can i find the password via comlite32 under win98? how can i do?

I also has not reding device,and we only have 1 off flash card, if lose,i am worried we will lose the whole machine.

You are experienced on this,pls help me.

Your answer is my highly appreciated.

BR
martin
[email protected]

s7-300 cpu locked

Dear John,

This is martin from china, i have a same problem with yours,and have same situation like yours before. i need your help.
our cpu type as belows
CPU module: CPU315-2DP 315-2AF03-0AB0
FLASH card: MC 951/128KB /5V FLASH
6ES7 951-0KG00-0AA0

as your mentioned,can i find the password via comlite32 under win98? how can i do?

I also has not reading device,and we only have 1 off flash card, if lose,i am worried we will lose the whole machine.

You are experienced on this,pls help me.

Your answer is my highly appreciated.

BR
martin
[email protected]

"UNLOCKING" S7 PLC CPU

We managed to find the PASSWORD for the PLC by purchasing the
services of Andi Rothenbacher in Germany

S.Rothenbacher GmbH
Benzstr.6 89079 Ulm
tel: 0731 45020
fax: 0731 46055
email:
[email protected] <mailto:[email protected]>
<http://www.rothenbacher-gmbh.de>

Andi was able to find the PASSWORD from a copy of the files
stored on the Micro Memory Card (MMC)

Regards.................John Gaunt

Glad to hear that Jhon. Thanks for the address and email.
Does Andi speak english. What was the charge ?

What was the procedure he asked you to do in order to get the password transferred to where. Memory stick. I have a client willing to use his service. I will send Andy email , but would like to get more info before that - Thanks John Gaunt !

Hi Istantch,
Andi provided instructions. It was just a matter of
putting the MMC card in a reader attached to a laptop
and copying all the files from MMC to a folder on PC.
This was emailed to Andi who emailed back the password.
Regards.........John Gaunt