Siemens S7/TIA v18: Logging of Data...

Just out of curiosity, I've never used the CPU itself to generate a csv file for a report before, only to log recipe parameters etc... same principle I guess.

Is there a way of accessing the csv file from a HMI, for instance a comfort panel that's enabled to use VBA scripting?

Just out of curiosity, I've never used the CPU itself to generate a csv file for a report before, only to log recipe parameters etc... same principle I guess.

Is there a way of accessing the csv file from a HMI, for instance a comfort panel that's enabled to use VBA scripting?

I'd like to know if that's possible too.

At the moment, I'll be saying to the operator "If you want to download the log files, you'll have to plug an Ethernet cable into the PLC and use a web browser", which they won't be too happy about.

You can also log data on the HMI itself. Not sure if it's a completely different log or if it can display the same one as it's not something I've looked into.
I know if the data is on the HMI it can be stored on a USB drive.

I'd like to know if that's possible too.

At the moment, I'll be saying to the operator "If you want to download the log files, you'll have to plug an Ethernet cable into the PLC and use a web browser", which they won't be too happy about.

Yes normally I generate reports directly in WinCC that are then saved to a network location, for this very reason.

I see your HMI can't run scrips, so no go on my usual solution.

I don't have an application yet for a HMI reading a CSV from the PLC memory card, but it could end up being useful.