Siemens Step 7 Holiday Puzzle - 2008

Once you have started plcsim and downloaded the program, you can only start the program once - after that it's behaviour may change.

Got Struck up in the first step itself.
My PLCSIM does not shows Q0.0 blinking, PLC is permanently in STARTUP mode.On doing the Cold Restart PLC comes in RUN mode but again without Q0.0 blinking !!
Is it a part of the puzzle or what? I do not see others complaining of this !

Try next
Memory reset the simulator
Make it WARM restart mode now you will see the Q0.0 blinking
Download program
That is how it works for me, but i'm using plcsim
Hot and Cold startup mode don't work for me either

Good luck

Ya same here
Nothing wrong with PLCSIM
On doing warm restart OB100 is called, and there is a loop in NW3 which keeps PLC in permanently in startup mode.On doing cold restart OB100 is not called and PLC comes in run mode.
:eek:

It works fine. Try it in this order:

1. Retrieve Puzzle2.zip & open project
2. Start PLCSIM
3. Select blocks folder & download
4. Change PLCSIM mode from STOP to RUN(-P)
5. Monitor QB0 in SimView.

Hint - due to the dynamic creation/deletion of DB's, subsequent changes in PLCSIM to STOP and then back to RUN(-P) (say you want to modify and download a block for example) may result in changes to the functionality. If you want to make changes, use the MRES and download all blocks after each change.

hi L D[AR2, P#0.0],

Can you save the project without regional language need? I can not open it because it needs English (United Kingdom) and I don't have a winXP CD to install that at the moment...

thanks

The solution to this puzzle is as follows:

Code:
FB1
Network 3
Change the value compared with DB1.DBW4 from 0 to 1.

Three people submitted solutions:
krk submitted the correct one.
Thim and KalleOlsen submitted solutions but they involved modifying two lines or deleting lines.

Just me then.. :D ..all the other S7 programmers must be away for the holidays....

Thanks for taking the time to put this together Simon.

Have a great New Year.