Siemens tia storing a string

stu

Hi
I have a vision camera that I’m getting the string data P908765 from the vision on an advance trigger .which im using a S -move. Then I put that into a <> to compare 3 codes.
But I’ve noticed that when the advanced trigger is not active I get drop the value.
I’m thinking I need a storage of the string so very time the code updates it stores it in the compare function and on the display,
How would you store a string, would you move the vision string to another string and then S-move that to the display
Stu

Yes, make a string tag in a relevant DB (or as a static of your FB, whichever), and move it in whenever a new value is available. Then have the compares and the display point to the new tag.