Siemens TIA to Rx3i code translation question

Ozpeter

I'm pretty well a 100% GE/Emerson Rx3i programmer, and zero practical experience with Siemens programming. However I have just been given a PDF printout of some Siemens code and told to implement it in Rx3i ladder logic.

FWIW the code is a basic state machine that talks to some equipment on a ProfiNet interface. However some elements of the coding style confuse me and I don't know if it's bad code, or an artifact of the underlying PLC.

I have questions about 2 different rungs, but the underlying question is the same for both cases: In a single rung, do sequential writes to the same variable overwrite each other? (In an Rx3i I would be 100% certain that the original coder was less than diligent in their work.)

Example #1 - The rung is split up by what I assume is the Siemens version of an Rx3i continuation coil/contact

Example #2 - The dual writes occur in the same rung

In both cases I am asking about Tag_55, which is mapped directly onto the outgoing ProfiNet interface to the device.

So what gives?

State_1_1.PNG State_1_2.PNG Double_1.PNG

Example #1 is due to the pdf viewer breaking up the line of ladder.

Yes, it's poor coding as well as poor tag naming.

OK .. that makes a lot of sense. I didn't realize the PDF viewer would be the cause of the rung breaks. I don't think that the PME equivalent works in the same way.

Thanks!