Simatic s7-1214c DC/DC/DC firmware update needed.

kalabdel

I am unable to get a frimware update for the above mentioned hardware. After days of waiting and few emails back and forth to [email protected] they refused my registration to access the downloads. As it turns out I do not have a "plausible reference" and though I don't quite understand what they meant by that they were quite confident I did not have it, I'm embarrassed to say.

So I would be grateful to anyone who can somehow email it to me. It's not a huge file.

The order number on the download page is 6ES7214-1AG31-0XB0

https://support.industry.siemens.co...imatic-s7-1200-cpu-firmware-v3?dti=0&lc=en-WW

Thanks Mike. I did contact them and got a call back and was basically told the same none sense about EU rules and all that. In the same city in Canada and they were talking to me about EU rules. But I and every one who uses anything Siemens have to take some of the blame as it was clear from my first experience with siemens that their documentation and support is sub standard. And I'm begin kind here.

Thanks anyway Mike I found the update freely posted on a company's website to make it available to their customers. Some companies do care.

Kal

Kal,
I am surprised that the local distributor wouldn't get the update file for you.
You're at work early!

In the same city in Canada and they were talking to me about EU rules.

Export regulations are really, really annoying. For some crazy reason, PLC software is essentially treated as a dangerous weapon for the purposes of regulation. The software was written in Germany, thus they have to follow EU rules, which basically state that they have to ensure that the software does not get into the hands of terrorists. Thus they need you to prove you aren't a terrorist before you get the privilege of downloading their software.

Lawyers are stupid, and complicate everything, but when you're trying to avoid paying the largest fine in the history of the world AGAIN, i guess you gotta do what you gotta do?

"Lawyers are stupid, and complicate everything, but when you're trying to avoid paying the largest fine in the history of the world AGAIN, i guess you gotta do what you gotta do? "

Yes you do....
But isn't Canada the country trying to enrich uranium? You got to watch those guys up there ;)

"Lawyers are stupid, and complicate everything, but when you're trying to avoid paying the largest fine in the history of the world AGAIN, i guess you gotta do what you gotta do? "

Yes you do....
But isn't Canada the country trying to enrich uranium? You got to watch those guys up there ;)

I hear they have a lot of oil, too. We should probably go democratize them :p