simatic s7 PC ADAPTER USB

I know you are not using TIA Portal, but is it installed?

Someone tried the following with success:

In Control Panel/System/Hardware devices, select properties, then Driver, then Refresh Driver

He was presented with 3 different drivers, and he selected the one from the year 2010.

i had try this ...does this mean i had mistaken during installation
:confused:

If the adapter in the photo is the one you are using, I do not think it is a 6ES7 972-0CB20-0XA0. Visually it looks like a RS-232>MPI/DP adapter which is not compatible with current Step 7 software.
I may be wrong but your adapter does not look like any of the ones I have.

If the adapter in the photo is the one you are using, I do not think it is a 6ES7 972-0CB20-0XA0. Visually it looks like a RS-232>MPI/DP adapter which is not compatible with current Step 7 software.
I may be wrong but your adapter does not look like any of the ones I have.

hello mike can you upload the pic the 1 you have

i had use this before but on my old window 7 64bit..just wonder why it not working with this PC:confused:

Hey, keep in mind that not all siemens USB adapters can handle all speeds on the profibus.

So regardless of drivers and settings, you might run into that the USB adapter can't handle the configured speed of the profibus on the PLC and then it will never ever work.

PS. This is the manual for the one you have:
1p6es7 972-ocb20-oxao
https://cache.industry.siemens.com/dl/files/464/16983464/att_109094/v1/PC_Adapter_USB_e.pdf

On page 26 it says:
The PC Adapter USB supports transmission rates up to 1.5 Mbps.

The latest version:
6GK1571-0BA00-0AA0
https://support.industry.siemens.com/cs/pd/39427?pdti=td&lc=en-WW
Transfer rate at the 1st interface / acc. to PROFIBUS 9.6 kbit/s ... 12 Mbit/s

Last edited: