Simulation Beckhoff Twincat 2

T4HS

Hello

I would like to simulate a program i wrote in twincat 2.
I have a 64bit laptop with windows 10.

I tried to use the Simulation Mode in twincat but this does not work.
If I force my contact to 1, my output is not set to 1.

Any ideas on how I can simulate without connecting to a plc ?
Maybe a short written tutorial ?

Regards
Timothy

go to resources,then to the i/o list you made
here you click on your input. that is the only place to put inputs in a state you want, same for analog inputs.
when doing it somewhere in software it is NOT in the whole program.

Untitled2_zpsfnmsqc7q.png

I have no clue where that is.

In college we learned you can run the program on Local in the laptop.
So you can test everything without connecting to a plc.
I choose in system manager the target local.
But then i cant append my plc program to it ? I dont have the .tpy file if I save it.

So I started looking around and found out that you can put your program in simulation mode also. But when i run my program my inputs are not set high, like in the picture.

in the declaration you can make them true by default, like input : bool :=TRUE;
If you have set all vars you will need to press F7 to put them in the program.

Untitled3_zpsetztipzo.png

this does work but the output isnt set. Also i would like to run this with visualization instead of forcing my inputs like that

well use start as an input on a visualisation element and use the coil to change the color of another element.

so you need to make a vis with 2 elements.
another one is this POU running ? that is is it in the task list or in MAIN (sometimes called PLC_PRG)

if you need to change from type you will loose the I/O.
sometimes i do it by exporting from a unit and then import only the needed POU etc.

Well I found a way. Installed a virtual machine with windows 7 32bit on my laptop and installed the program there. Now I can run the program without problems. Seems that this doesnt work on the 64bit laptop.

Thanks for your replies !

Only the 32-bit version of windows can simulate.

What I do on a 64-bit OS is this:

Define the program to work with a 'BC-serial' cpu.

Then you can use the simulate option in plc-contro.

One disadvantage: it uses different libraries than a ARM-processor (CX).

But for the simpel things I get along with exporting my simulation and then importing it in an empty program for a ARM-processor (CX).

Good evening ....
I need help, I want to train on Beckhoff but I can not afford to buy it. can I make local execution examples with Twincat 2 with a simulator like nettoplcsim at siemens

It's a soft-plc able the run more than one program on the same cpu. The cycle-time is standard 10 ms but can be made faster.

For me their pluses are:

- many communication modules
- ethercat is 'a piece of cake'
- their support is superb (just one phonecall away - teamviewer)

Downside:

- their manuals

It's a soft-plc able the run more than one program on the same cpu. The cycle-time is standard 10 ms but can be made faster.

For me their pluses are:

- many communication modules
- ethercat is 'a piece of cake'
- their support is superb (just one phonecall away - teamviewer)

Downside:

- their manuals
Thanks for your prompt response. But, have you ever tried using both Beckhoff and Wago? Which is better?