Single phase motor blows fuses under load

Not sure what you mean by "gave the cables some small"
Also my load is 2/3 of the rating lift will go up from starting but nit raise from a mid point
And motor does not draw more than 40 amps as it does not trip main breaker

The hydraulic cylinder pulls cables which in turn lift the vehicle platform. By giving the cables more slack i was able to give the motor a chance to start because of initial current draw, when the load was a apllied tightened cables it didn't trip the breaker. Motor didn't sound like it was struggling. So what i think the problem may be it's that the load is too much for the motor to handle at start. A larger motor might help or maybe some sort of starter would fix my problem better

Last edited:
Hi
My lift is a sissor type no cables direct hydraulic the cylinders
But issue is similar to yours by friend has the same lift, He bought 3 the others work but if I had cables I am sure your suggestion would solve it