SLC 5/03 Faults when Testing Edits

I'm back to close the loop on this thread.

I wish that I had had the time to try each fix individually to see what the effect/improvement was, but because the fault kills the whole line and it takes so long to recover, I just couldn't do it that way.

So I used the shot gun approach and it worked.

First, I confirmed as many of you suggested that I could successfully edit using the serial port. This would have been my final solution if I didn't need that port for the HMI.

Using the serial connection, I implemented the changes described in "14319 - SLC 5/04 -- Data Highway Plus Locks-Up and the Data Highway Plus LED Illuminates Solid Red". I added a SVC instruction after my one MSG block and I cleared bit S:2/15 (it was set) and I left S:33/7 clear. Then I saved this to the laptop.

My 5/04 processor was an older Series B FRN 7 I think. I found a Series C FRN 7 in the spare parts pile. I loaded the program at my desk and then swapped the processors during their lunch break.

Since then I've made about 15 or so edits and accepted, tested, assembled them with no issues.

As always, I sincerely appreciate everyone's suggestions. I can't tell you how much it's going help me to be able to edit online. I was really hobbled before this.

Thanks.

Bill