SLC 5/05 fault no RSLogix

Hmm, im not sure if wonderware can read and display hex, short of giving it a data type of string and reading the hex as a string. Actually, I think it would be easier to read it and display it as a decimal, and then just change it to hex.

I dont know about wonderware, but all other HMI packages I have come across, can display any numeric value in a number of formats (binary, octal, decimal, hex).

I dont think using strings is the way to go.

Good luck (y)

Well, wonderware has 4 types of IO tags, discrete, integer, real, and string. I assume that the integer is going to give me the info in decimal. Maybe it will come over in hex. Who knows. We will see. Either way, I can convert it to hex with no problems. Thanks for help!

Matt

I think that there must be an additional parameter for the display field that you are trying to create. This parameter should decide how the value is represented.

The "discrete, integer, real and string" is used for the definition of the tag that used in the display field.
Both the discrete, the integer and the real can be represented in any of binary, octal, decimal and hex.

BIN   OCT   DEC   HEX
1 1 1 1 Binary value (1)
1001 11 9 9 Integer (9)
1101 15 13 D Integer (13)
1101 15 13 D Real (13.0)

I think that you must create an INTEGER type tag, and display it with HEX representation. It is the most "typical" to use DECIMAL representation for an INTEGER, but by no means the only way.