SLC 500 1747-L524 Beginner Question

nestaroks

I am relatively new to PLCs and I need a little help.

I have a SLC 500:
  • 1747-L524 series C
  • Power supply: 1746-p2
  • Input Cards: 1746-IN16 (3x)
  • Output Cards: 1746-OB16 (x3)
  • 7 slot rack

I can connect the PLC just fine, and play around with the input and outputs in slots 1 through 4.

Problem
But when I try to energize outputs on card slots 5 and 6, nothing happens. I don't get a physical light turning on in the actual PLC, nor do I get the output energizing in RSLogix 500.

I have set up the IO COnfiguration for all my cards.

Any thoughts are welcomed

Thanks in Advance

How are you energizing the outputs?
Where is your logic? If it is in a subroutine, are you calling the subroutine from ladder file 2?

Do you have the PLC in Run/Remote Run mode?
How do you "play" with the outputs? Forcing? Relying on ladder logic functionality?
If it is the last scenario, make sure the routine with the rungs containing the outputs' OTEs is being scanned.

How are you energizing the outputs?
Where is your logic? If it is in a subroutine, are you calling the subroutine from ladder file 2?

I don't know if energizing was the right word to use ( i am new to all this terminology). I meant that i was physically interrupting a photo sensor which should cause the output to go off.

yes it is in a subroutine being called from the main.

thanks for the input

Do you have the PLC in Run/Remote Run mode?
How do you "play" with the outputs? Forcing? Relying on ladder logic functionality?
If it is the last scenario, make sure the routine with the rungs containing the outputs' OTEs is being scanned.

By relying on the ladder logic that i wrote.

I double checked that it was being scanned from the main.

thanks for the input

SOLVED

The guy who had installed the card didn't install it right (didn't click all the way). all I had to do was remove it and re insert it. ;)

sorry for the mix up everyone.