SLC 500 5/03 Faulted issue

GsiFoam

Hello Everyone.

I was downloading a project to my PLC503 and the progress corrupted during the download.
I got a flashing fault, I switched to program then run it doesn't solve the problem. I connected the plc to RSlinx using RS232 cable ( non USB) 1747-CP3 cable, of course I added the driver as RS232 DF1 and auto configuration went successful, now the PLC is showing as Default / Faulted.

I reseted the PLC's memory to factory default by removing the battery and short out the VBB with GND for 60 seconds, and its still DEFAULT/FAULTED

RSlogix doesn't recognize the PLC as well so no way to download a new project.

My question is how to clear that fault ?

Would be very appreciate if you help me out

Thank you

I reseted the PLC's memory to factory default by removing the battery and short out the VBB with GND for 60 seconds, and its still DEFAULT/FAULTED

As it should... it will stay default until you download the new program, ODDS are your program was setup for a faster baud rate, now that you reset the PLC back to factory your baud rate is wrong, so first open RSLinx and run the auto configure again, once thats successful open RSLogix and click on COMMS then SYS COMMS and click on your PLC.... THEN click download and you should be fine

As it should... it will stay default until you download the new program, ODDS are your program was setup for a faster baud rate, now that you reset the PLC back to factory your baud rate is wrong, so first open RSLinx and run the auto configure again, once thats successful open RSLogix and click on COMMS then SYS COMMS and click on your PLC.... THEN click download and you should be fine

Thank you for your replay, I found the problem, the resetting to factory default was unsuccessful at the first attempt,

I shorted the VBB + GND for more than 2 minutes, it worked out :)