Slc 500 And Rslogic

Not exactly sure what utility you are referring to.

Just so you know:
  • RSLogix is Windows based software on your PC used to create an application to be compiled and downloaded into your SLC 500
  • AI500 is DOS based software also used to create an application to be compiled and downloaded to your SLC 500
  • The SLC 500 doesn't care which was used. Once it is in the SLC it is software independent.
  • RSLogix can open and use programs written in AI500. No utility or converter is necessary.
So, can you clarify what it is that you are trying to accomplish? Please forgive the notes above if you already know all that. Just trying to be sure we are on the same page.

OG

we are trying to get into a SLC500 1747-l20c with rslogics 500 we get the error "decompiler unknown error" half way though the upload I read on here that some programs created and uploaded with the old ICOM software can not be opened with the new rslogics and that there is a utility called AI500 ???

I have seen a similar error in the past when I was using an older version of rslogix than what was used for the last download to plc

Derek