Speed of MSG instruction & confilct in DH+ Communication

idowulawrence

Thanks guys for the education I 've received in this forum for these past weeks, 've really learnt a lot from accurate responses to my previous posts. I am through with the MSG instruction on dh+ now, however I am not sure how the speed of response will be or if there can be occasional conflict and loss in data exchange between the SLCs, especially for the critical tags involved with each slc 5/04 from the central SLC. The central SLC is ab SLC 5/04 configured in redundant mode with 2 BSN modules and an ASB module . The purpose, as explained in my earlier tread is to have a redundant central station(but independent) and 4 other hosts of SLC 5/04 running independent PCS but with each requiring about 20 bits from the central host. In summary, I want to know if the network procedure implemented on dh+ is good enough for ESD/SSS in a critical system like I am having right now. I will appreciate quick response and may be a private contact if someone wishes.

http://literature.rockwellautomation.com/idc/groups/literature/documents/rm/1770-rm516_-en-p.pdf

Some of the information regarding DH+ can also be found in this manual which is the Df1 protocol and command set reference manual

http://literature.rockwellautomation.com/idc/groups/literature/documents/um/1770-um022_-en-p.pdf

This is the installation manual for DH+ and this probably contains the answers your looking for. One risk of token passing which DH+ uses is if the tokem does not get passed the rest of the devices will not communicate

edit: just noticed that if a module fails the rest will communicate due to the token timeout this was noted in the DH+ installation manual

Last edited: