Split 2 TIA projects with S7 connections

userxyz

Hi,

I have a project of 2 different machines combined.
2 CPU's and 2 PC links.

So the PC's are connected with an S7 connection to both CPU's in the porject.

We want 2 seperated projects.

But there are S7 connections configured between the PC's and the PLC's.

So to be able todo this, one connection must be changed to an S7 connection to an UNKNOWN partner with IP.

Offline in the project this is accepted...

Sunday we will test this online...
Will this function ?

Thanks,
Combo

split.png

It might depend how you're accessing the tags (symbolic/optimized vs absolute/standard). You can only get symbolic communication to work if you have access to the tag names.

At least for the HMIs, you can use a device proxy, instead of a full blown PLC, to share the symbol data between projects. I'd assume that works for simatic net as well.