Step 5 S95u

mxkid98

I'm trying to go online with our Siemens S5-95u PLC. I have the Siemens Simatic PG720 PII programmer with the Siemens PC/RS232 6ES5 734-1BD20 converter cable, Step5 v7.10, Windows 98. I'm not familiar with the Step5 software. Can anyone walk me through the sequential steps to view the ladder logic "online"?

Many thanks in advance!

Thanks. I printed your reply to the previous thread yesterday. I have no previous experience with Siemens Step5 or any other versions of Siemens software. I don't have a Step5 manual either. I'm accustomed to connecting to a processor and downloading the program (i.e. RSLogix) in the "online" mode, but that doesn't seem to be an option with Step5. The Project and Block options are foreign to me. Any help would be greatly appreciated.