Step 7 and Digsi software

cornbread

Lifetime Supporting Member
I recently tried to load Step 7 software on the same computor where I have Siemens DIGSI installed. After many un-successful attempts I called tech support and they told me un-install the DIGSI and then install Step 7 followed by the DIGSI software. Step 7 installed fine but now I can not install the DIGSI software.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hello cornbread;
My one experience of trying to load both Step 7 and DIGSI on the same computer was very frustrating, and I had to use seperate computers for that project.
However, there are comatibility notes on the DIGSI product information sheets that state that it would be possible, under specific conditions, including the installation of a CFC package and specific versions of Simatic Net in Step 7:

If the automation software STEP7 or SICAM plusTOOLS is used on the same computer,
then the following must apply to the installed versions for compatibility reasons:
Currently:
-------------------------
DIGSI 4.71
SICAM PAS 5.11
SICAM SAS, RTU, eRTU V5.20, V5.30
STEP7 5.30 (with SP2, incl. CFC 6.1 + Hotfix 1, SIMATIC NET V6.3)

This document is located at the following link, if you care to examine it:
http://siemens.siprotec.de/download_neu/software/DIGSI_4/PMS/7XS54_DIGSI471_V1.0_en.pdf

Hope this helps,
Daniel Chartier