Step 7 closing a parallel branch in Ladder

Lets try that again.

The first Screenshot is the edited STL Segment 26 with the additional Contact.

The second Snapshot is the top part of Segment 26.

The third Snapshot is the bottom half of Segment 26. I couldn't get all the Segment onto one Snapshot.

Hope this imformation helps.

Steve.

ScreenHunter_08 Feb. 08 09.30.jpg ScreenHunter_07 Feb. 08 09.15.jpg ScreenHunter_06 Feb. 08 09.14.jpg

Last edited:
I don't understand, the only difference I see is an additional N/C contact in series with the raise cylinders branch.

This will disable raise cylinders.

I don't see an additional parallel branch.

EDIT:

I don't think you can add a parallel branch on an output parallel branch.

to work as a parallel it would need to be

Code:
A(
A L 0.0
A Up Pulse
A Safety Interlock
)
ON Safety Interlock

Last edited:
Hi Simon.
No. there are Commands in this Network that I personally am not familiar with.

What commands are you not familiar with? If its the (SD) and (SF) then they are just On-Delay timers and Off-Delay timers respectively.

I think the issue must be one that was highlighted by LD a few posts back where there's a problem putting a parallel connection into a rung with multiple output coils?

If it was me I would put all the first set of conditions ie:
Code:
A CycleRunning
A(
O Passed
O Failed
O CancelCycle
O M5.0
O ESR
)
ON CycleRunning
A(
AN AutoMan
A Cylinder4FailUp
O CancelCycle
O M5.0
O ESR
)
... to a spare marker bit (for example M100.0).

Then use that marker bit in a separate network like the following:
Code:
A M100.0
O *** YOUR EXTRA PARALLEL CONDITION HERE
= L 0.0
A L 0.0
L DB1.DBW 8
SP UpPulse
A L 0.0
A UpPulse
A SafetyInterlock
= RaiseCylinder
A L 0.0
L DB1.DBW10
SD CylindersUpTimer
A L 0.0
L DB1.DBW10
SD T24

You'll have to check through the code as I'm not the best at STL but hopefully you get the idea...

At the very least it will make the network more manageable.

;-)

The bld instructions are to enable logic to be converted to ladder.

L 0.0 is a local flag it automatically used as a temp mid coil, again you do not see this when it converts to ladder.

It may be easier to create your own temp flag and change the single ladder network to 4 ladder networks to display easier and to add your parallel branch.

Here's the network Steve is attempting to add the parallel branch to, it contains multiple output rungs so it's not possible.

para.JPG

Please accept my apologies Peter.
I edited the Backup Programme so I could do the Screen-shot and through rushing entered AN I 0.6 instead of ON I 0.6
it should look like this:
BLD 102
L DB1 DBW 8
SP UP PULSE T 5
A SAFETYLOCK I 0.6
ON SAFETYLOCK I 0.6
= RAISE CYLINDER Q 4.1
Sorry.

Simon, did you manage to make your First Screenshot in LAD if so what was the secret. That is exactly what I was trying to do at the outset of this Post.

Steve.

Last edited:
1. Turn off symbol information etc.
2. Print screen
3. Paste into paint
4. cut out just the ladder to be displayed in the post
5. new paint file
6. paste cropped ladder image
7. SaveAs with jpg extension

I think you may of missed my point Simon.

Is it actually possible to add that parallel Branch by editing in LAD? I could only achieve this Branch in STL.

Thanks for the Paint tips anyway.

Thanks for your views Uptown 47 its much appreciated. I'm sure You have probably worked out that I struggle to understand a lot of this code.

PS. After reading your Post again Simon, I can see that you have already said that it is impossible.

Steve.

Last edited: