Step 9? Is there a new Siemens Software coming out?

Anyone care to explain why they went from I0.0 to %I0.0?

Wanna know the reasoning behind it......or suspected reasoning......

Hello Jeebs;
Haven't seen the new software yet, but if they are now using the %___ (I/Q/B/W..) format then I presume it must be to conform to IEC 61131-3.

See the following example file for a Function Block configuration from PLCOpen.org

CONFIGURATION GRAVEL_CONTROL
RESOURCE PROC1 ON PROC_TYPE_Y
PROGRAM G : GRAVEL
(* Inputs *)
(OFF_PB := %I0.0 ,
ON_PB := %I0.1 ,
FILL_PB := %I0.2 ,
SIREN_ACK := %I0.3 ,
LOAD_PB := %I0.4 ,
JOG_PB := %I0.5 ,
LAMP_TEST := %I0.7 ,
TRUCK_ON_RAMP := %I1.4 ,
SILO_EMPTY_LS := %I1.5 ,
BIN_EMPTY_LS := %I1.6 ,
SETPOINT := %IB2 ,
(* Outputs *)
CONTROL_LAMP => %Q4.0,
TRUCK_LAMP => %Q4.2,
SILO_EMPTY_LAMP => %Q4.3,
CONVEYOR_LAMP => %Q5.3,
CONVEYOR_MOTOR => %Q5.4,
SILO_VALVE => %Q5.5,
BIN_VALVE => %Q5.6,
SIREN => %Q5.7,
BIN_LEVEL => %B6) ;
END_RESOURCE
END_CONFIGURATION

You can find more information on PLCOpen.org, or in your favorite Codesys programming manual....
Hope this helps,
Daniel Chartier

It's visible in the screenshots in the brochure.

Sigh....I just hope it automatically adds the %, same way as it auto-formats atm. Would really hate it to have to add it manuall every time......that key is really in such a bad position on an BE-keyboard....

Am somewhat interested in their total integration thing. Programming HMI and PLC from the same interface.....sounds like a dream....

But dont you already do just that with codesys (the program hmi and plc in same software)..

I do like also that siemens is going that way in their software.

I have perused the manual, and have come to a surprising conclusion.

If I interpret the manual correctly, then I believe that the S7-1200 will not be integrated into the S7-300/S7-400 platform !
And S7-300/S7-400 cannot be made compatible with S7-1200 by a mere firmware update.
In the S7-1200 there is introduced not only new instructions, but also data types that do not exist in S7-300/S7-400. That means there is no easy way to migrate S7-1200 and S7-300/S7-400.
Because of this, I find it surprising that Siemens keep the STEP7 name for the programming software, only indicating the fundamental differences by a version number.

What will happen with S7 and STEP7 in the long run will be v-e-r-y interesting. Whatever happens, it will take many years before there is a common S7 platform.

CharlesM said:
In the manual it shows you can do arrays in ladder.
I am not sure about that. What I saw in the manual is the same as you can do in STEP7 5.4 already, i.e. MyArray[123] and not MyArray[ArrayIndex]. I may be wrong, because I havent the opportunity to try it out for real. As fas as I have understood, array indexing in ladder should be a planned feature for S7-1200.

bumb.
anything new?
New hardware
6313956db5a2.gif

and new keys
SIFLA1S7PL1000.EKB STEP 7 Professional v10.0
SIFLWCFEA11000.EKB WinCC Advanced v10.0
SIFLWCFEE11000.EKB WinCC Professional v10.0
wait http://www.hannovermesse.de/homepage_e