Step 9? Is there a new Siemens Software coming out?

Olof Ripal
Herr Frits Forilpa
Step9 v1.4
Avian IP carrier (check the link)
"Only today" (April 1st)

by the way. 2 programs is not unheard of, only not in Siemens (yet). They are called "tasks".

Oh God
I was trapped :oops:

K great shot. OB1000 now it seems funny ! i really took it.
M and N flags I though somewhat like RSLogix500 !!

Anyways cheers !!
🍻

So do you think this will bring the 200 up to the 300-400 platform? I think getting all 3 into the same software would be a big plus.

I asked 'Siemens.nl' and this is the translated answer;

'STEP 7 Basic V10.5 is only for S7-1200 plc's and for Simatic Basic Panels. The software is not intended for S7-300 or S7-400'.

I asked 'Siemens.nl' and this is the translated answer;

'STEP 7 Basic V10.5 is only for S7-1200 plc's and for Simatic Basic Panels. The software is not intended for S7-300 or S7-400'.
It is the other way round that is interesting. Does S7-1200 share the same programming code as S7-300/S7-400 ? With what I have heard until now, I would say that the answer is "yes". And that should mean that you can program S7-1200 with the normal STEP7 v5.x if the hardware catalog is updated accordingly. And STEP7 10.5 is the first installment of a completely reworked STEP7 for all the S7 platform.

Also, will the future step7 10.5 be based on this concept? where is wincc flex (not basic) in all this?

On sps-forum.de there are reports from Hannover messe on the new STEP7 and S7-1200:
http://www.sps-forum.de/showthread.php?t=27157

For those who arent fluent in german, I have compiled the highlights:

software:
  • New STEP7 coming from this summer where the programming concept is completely reworked.
  • At present only LAD and FBD are available, SCL is coming for sure, STL is coming (but only for S7-300/S7-400).
  • Addressing should rely much more on symbols than before. Not clear if addressing is completely symbolic though.
  • Programming should generally be much more user-friendly.
  • WinCC Flex and STEP7 are integrated into the same IDE. At the moment Flex only support the basic panels.
  • More konformant to IEC61131-3 (not sure if 100%). Hardware addresses now use IEC style "%I1.1".
  • STEP7 Basic for S7-1200 will cost 300 Euro.
Hardware:
  • New S7-1200 PLC coming that is ONLY programmable with new STEP7 v10. Will have onboard ethernet and between 25-50kB memory. Will be more performant than S7-200.
  • An S7-1200 with 25kB will cost 150 Euro (if true, it is a sensation. Only one person quotes this price so take it with a grain of salt).
  • New generation S7-300 CPUs will be released. Expect significant performance improvements, but not new revolutionary concepts.

S7-1200 and STEP7 10.5 Basic can now be ordered in the mall.
A CPU with 25 kB and limited expandability costs 150 Euro. A CPU with 50 kB and maximum expandability costs 300 Euro.
As for STEP7 Basic, then only LAD and FBD is available. No STL and no SCL (yet ?).

Anyone interested could give the new software a go.
Without SCL, I think it is not so interesting though.