student need help

ken.238

Hi, I'm new to plc also first time post here. I work on logixpro exercise 6-21a, which is 1 NO push button perform both start and stop function. The first time press the button, instruction b3:0/11 is latch, energizing light output O:2/0. The second time press the pushbutton, instruction 3:0/12 unlatch instruction B3:0/11, deenergizing output O:2/0. My questionis is how to modify program to control the light from four switch. using two NO pushbutton and two NC pushbutton switch.The program should the light changing state when any one of four pushbutton is press. thanks in advance.

Ken, Welcome to the PLC.net forum!

If you have the first part working, then think about how you can add 3 more pushbuttons to the circuit. In your existing program, what if you added 3 branches in parallel with the first pushbutton? Use the "User" menu | | branch symbol to add branches. with the first pushbutton. Add the 3 new buttons in parallel branches with the existing I:1/0 in your old program. Notice that the last two buttons should use the XIO instruction instead of the XIC instruction.

Now use the I/O Simulator and add pushbuttons for addresses I:1/0, I:1/1, I:1/2, and I:1/3. Go to the I/O Simulator and for physical buttons I:1/2, and I:1/3, right-click on each and change from a NO to a NC pushbutton o_T_o

That is all you need! Save your new program under a new name, then Download to the PLC, and switch to RUN mode. You should be able to press any button to turn the light on, and any other button to turn it off.

Last edited: