student need's a hint

rsmith7172

Hey ya'll I'm guessing im doing this right.
Im a student at a technical college and have a question.
my teacher want's us to design a program that if stopped anywhere in the process it will pick back up where it left off .
I don't wont the answer i WOULD like a push or a hint as to where i should be looking .:unsure:o_O

Thanks for any help ...

Retentive.

You need to use logic that retains its state during a stop, so when the "system" is re-enabled it can continue from where it left off.

A very simple explanation is you have a counter that is counting from 1 to 10. When the process stops the counter should remember it's position and continue once the process starts.

There are many ways to do this. Explore retentive logic - write some code and stop the "process" or "system" or cycle power and see what comes back when you start again.

Post back your findings and ask questions as needed.

Don't drive your outputs directly from your logic. Instead, use internal bits to keep track of your state, and then use these bits in series with your AUTO bit to drive your outputs.