Supply Chain issues with Drives , PLC Components , Motors , etc.

Yesterday I've received official info that Mitsubishi GT23 series HMI is now obsolete due to ASIC shortage.

KEB posted on their linkedin account something to the effect that they have solutions for those affected by supply chain issues; they suggest you should contact them. Maybe they have better stock than others!

Holy cow, need a replacement logix network card and the ETA is April 2023.

That's nothing.

I quoted a bunch of PLCs this week.

Compact Logix 1769 L1 PLC was end of April / Early May
Compact Logix 769 L3 PLC was end of May
Comact Logix 5069 was end of May / Early June

Siemens 1200 series was June/July
E200SP was quoted around April/May as well.

You can find some 'in stock' on some websites. We've been bitten twice already with those, but the rest were legitimate.

I ordered three 1756- IF16 and 2 1756-OF8 in February 2022. My distributor is saying June or July of 2023.

We are supposedly getting some of the 8-point AI modules in January / February. We ordered them in August, I believe.

Might be a shorter lead-time option if you have the rack space.

Analog Inputs & Outputs seem to be the worst lead-time offenders. I'm just now seeing the CPUs be especially bad.

Just curious what are the lead times for everybodys new builds? Due to this for the PLCs.
Are you pushing them out, or are your projects large enough to hide the fact that your waiting for hardware unitl startup time?

Back in august of 2021 we got hit with a bunch of POs. In which i off the top of my head ordered whatever i could think we needed for those jobs, plcs, hmis, safety plcs, safety switches, all kinds of stuff. At that time they were mostly in stock.
Which i have been using over the past 1.5 years. Now all those jobs are coming to a close, soon hopefully...

Now we are seeing another wave of interest in quotes and im back to no hardware.
Wonder how this will end up. Lol.

ordered a Compact Logix power supply in march this year, told may then end June, then august and latest is end of this month. usually this stuff is ex stock from NHP the Melbourne Australia distributor.

ordered 6 only SEW DFE33B ethernet IP comms option cards for SEW Movidrive VSD's 2 weeks ago ...........told 12 months delivery

Siemens 1200 series was June/July
E200SP was quoted around April/May as well.

I've been having to use the 1211 because that's all my supplier has in stock. I can't wait until I can go back to the 1214 and have the option of expandable I/O.

Luckily I have all the ET200 modules that I need for now. I hope. No interface modules though, which would have made using the 1211's easier.

Hey Puddle, RS told me that they wouldn't have any 1214s till next year so I got some in from US, then RS did deliver, I now have a small overstock of them, AC/DC/Rly 6ES7214-1BG40-0XB0. Let me know if you are interested. Also got a few extra analog IO 6ES7234-4HE32-0XB0.

On another note, just to make folks laugh, the share price of chip companies recently fell because there is a fear that there will shortly be a glut of semiconductor chips:
https://finance.yahoo.com/news/10-semiconductor-stocks-watch-shortage-130729064.html

Hey Puddle, RS told me that they wouldn't have any 1214s till next year so I got some in from US, then RS did deliver, I now have a small overstock of them, AC/DC/Rly 6ES7214-1BG40-0XB0. Let me know if you are interested. Also got a few extra analog IO 6ES7234-4HE32-0XB0.

Completely missed this, thanks for the offer!

I actually went back to this thread as I've just ordered a couple of 1214's. My supplier has them in stock at the moment but they said they're being told the lead time is currently 80 weeks.
I started sweating a bit and asked if they had any ET200SP CPUs on the shelf because I know I'll need some at some point. They said no and it's 105 weeks.

80 weeks.
105 weeks.

Dang, that's way worse than i've been hearing/seeing for anything. Safety IO pretty bonkers, but even that isn't 2 years.

Are you sure that was weeks, not working days (WD)? That's how things are always quoted when I see it.

It's weeks.

They did say that they're hoping for stock sooner, but can't confirm.
I thought stock levels were getting better, but that lead time is longer than it takes to build a house!

I have had to resort to going to EBAY and purchasing from China.. what a ****-shoot on what I get.... even it it does come with 1 year warranty...
But we have to build equipment, can't just stop for 6 months.