Syswin 3.2/3.4 Token Disk

halo9

hi everybody, i was wondering if anyone can help me? at work i have a very old laptop pc which has syswin 3.2 on it, upgraded to 3.4. i now have a newer pc and have transfered all of my software except syswin (from various other pc to the new one) but cannot find the syswin token disc to transfer the token from one machine to the other. i have been told that the storeman has thrown the disc away (wonderful!). i have tried using the token mover utility and of course, it can find the token but will not allow me to transfer to a floppy as it isnt the token disc.

so, is there any way of obtaining an image of a token disc or some other means of transfering a token? for example, i know the token creates 2 or 3 hidden files which im guessing in theory i could move? but im presumming there is probably some kind of registry key to go along with it?

the old laptop is running windows 95.

any help or advice would be very much appreciated, ive been banging my head against this on and off for weeks now and am completely stumped!

i realise that CX Programmer will do all the syswin stuff as well, and there is a plan to eventually get CX Programmer but as with many engineering departments, getting the mechanical manager to agree to some software is difficult!

many thanks, ross

Syswin version 3.4 should not require the token.
This version should have a license number that you enter to activate the software.

Version 3.2 had either a token or a hardware dongle that attached to the parallel port.

FYI you should be able to purchase the CX-One upgrade, if you have a valid Syswin serial number. The upgrade pricing is about 1/3 the price of the regular price.

Hope this helps.

i see what you mean, but i think i read somewhere that if you upgraded from 3.2 to 3.4 and it detects a token, it uses that instead of a serial. i cant find a serial code within the software as it still lets be click the register thingy, but it is a full version and the move token software can locate a token on the system so it is there.

i will keep looking for a valid serial number, but if i cant ind one im guessing im stuck until i can upgrade to cx one/programmer.

many thanks, ross

ok, i cant find a serial on the pc, so i believe it has just used to token when it was upgraded from 3.2 to 3.4.

the cx programmer software has now been approved and i did recieve the discount, but many thanks for your help!

ross