Thermocouple types

At those temperatures up to about 250C I use RTDs rather than thermocouples. I will never use type J if I can help - iron rusts very quickly if there is a lot of humidity and it can get into the TC.

At those temperatures up to about 250C I use RTDs rather than thermocouples. I will never use type J if I can help - iron rusts very quickly if there is a lot of humidity and it can get into the TC.

I agree with using RTDs as they are much faster in response time but I don't have a 1771-IR module so it is not an option right now.

It would clearly be the best choice for what I am doing. RTDs is what is used in room thermostats. If I can get a 1771 module in a price range I am comfortable with for this home project I will probably switch over to that.

Thanks Bob!

Similar Topics

Hello Everybody Well in our factory ,store guys have un-earthed lots of bundle of thermocouple cables. Problem is all J-type and K-type...
Replies
Views
I am having an issue getting a IY4 to read my thermocouple correctly. We have a R type and K type hooked up and sitting at a known room...
Replies
Views
Posted by u/mr_biodtox 44 minutes ago Delta ISPSoft - Establishing communication with thermocouple module Hi, How do I establish communication...
Replies
Views
Hi, We have an ongoing project with a lot of thermocouple involved that monitor the temperature of heaters. There are more than 20 PID...
Replies
Views
Hello. PLC beginner here, so apologies in advance for any incorrect terminology or poor communication. I have an SLC 500 Thermocouple/mV Analog...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom