This just HAS to be easier than I'm making it...

elevmike said:
Just dont stick my namesake in one of thoes mines.

Good luck with it...

BTW, a few years ago I blew through Collinsville on my Hog. Lots of good riden' around thoes parts...
Cool,
I ride a '73 electra Glide...
Were you here for the NASCAR race, or just passing through?

Ever few years I take a run through Coal Country just for the ride. I avoid crouds & traffic like the plauge so I missed the Nascar thing. Used to like to run Deals Gap, but that got too popular too. So now it's usually West VA, NC, and VA. I'll be back next summer.

rsdoran said:
The timer is on the second rung, the first rung branch has a timer NOT DONE (contact) bit that has the same address as the timer, using AB (or logixpro) the timer may be T4:0 and the contact will be XIO T4:0/DN.

I never understood what was being done. As long as its pulsing you want the ouput on but if it stops pulsing(either on or off) you want the reverse of something but I havent figured out what, you want the output to turn off regardless of the inputs condition?

What exactly makes the output turn on now?
You mentioned LogixPro but what PLC would actually be (or is) used?
rsdoran,
I was hoping you would spot this thread and jump in.

I am using a PLC 5/40. I have a pulsing input that indicates all is well, if it stops pulsing, either closed or open, all is NOT well. I need to use this input to determine whether or not shut down a process. Pulsing, continue process, NOT pulsing, stop process.

elevmike said:
I've got an 84 Low Glide, & a 72 SuperGlide (Kicker).
I just moved back here from the coal fields in January, I am now Plant engineer for a fiber board plant here near the Blue Ridge Parkway.
Try to get me here before you come back down this way, we may be able to arrange a ride.

afoley said:
I just moved back here from the coal fields in January, I am now Plant engineer for a fiber board plant here near the Blue Ridge Parkway.
Try to get me here before you come back down this way, we may be able to arrange a ride.

I'll put that in the ticker. Youve got a deal.

BTW I must belong to 100+ "social clubs" around that area...$1.00 membership fees. I always pack LOTs of singles. Cant remember any dry countys in VA though.....

Wow, quite the 'chat room' happening here...

Steve Bailey said:
Two timers. One enabled by the the OFF state of the input, the other by the ON state. Timer presets are longer than the normal ON and OFF times of the pulsing input.

If both timer's done bits are off, latch a bit ON. If either timer's done bits are on, unlatch the same bit. The ON state of that bit indicates that the input is pulsing. The OFF state indicates that the input has stopped pulsing.
IMO, Steve has the 'proper' solution... :nodi:

You might want to look at THIS thread for other ideas... đź““

🍻

-Eric

Input B3/0 T4:0
-+--] [------[ONS]--+----------------------------(TOF)--
| |
| Input B3/1 |
+--]/[------[ONS]--+

T4:0/DN Output
----] [-------------------------------------------( )---

Gerry said:

Input B3/0 T4:0
-+--] [------[ONS]--+----------------------------(TOF)--
| |
| Input B3/1 |
+--]/[------[ONS]--+

T4:0/DN Output
----] [-------------------------------------------( )---

Gerry, that is slick. I've been thinking about a slick way to do this since I first saw the tread.

Except for this from RSLogix instruciton help:

(done bit) Set when rung conditions are true; remain so until rung conditions go false and the accumulated value is greater than or equal to the preset value.

On a TOF the DN bit turns off when the timer times out. In this logic Output is on and remains on as long as the input is pulsing. But from there a simple flip flop will get what was originally wanted.

PLC-5 correct?
How about this:
PULSER.jpg

Alton,

I do believe that Gerry has the better solution. His output will go off if the pulse signal stops pulsing wheather it's it static on or static off. I think that's more of what your looking for.

I just tested Gerry's solution, and it not only works, but even Bubba can understand it...

Ken,
Yours works too, and is simpler than what I had originally written, but Gerry's passes the "Bubba" test.

See, I knew this was simpler than I was trying to make it.

Thanks a lot guys.

Last edited: