tia portal v14 modbus

I cannot thank you enough. If I am ever in Copenhagen the beer is on me!! I am going to get Siemens on the phone and see what I have configured wrong. I think its the modbus_load. MB_DB pin, it just doesnt look nearly the same as the examples I am seeing. anyway, thank you!

I cannot thank you enough. If I am ever in Copenhagen the beer is on me!! I am going to get Siemens on the phone and see what I have configured wrong. I think its the modbus_load. MB_DB pin, it just doesnt look nearly the same as the examples I am seeing. anyway, thank you!

I remembering that it was different depending of TIA portal version. Firmware version and block version needs to be same.
I have old 1200 with RS-card on office with FW1.0. It worked with TIA11 but not with TIA13 or newer blocks.

I remembering that it was different depending of TIA portal version. Firmware version and block version needs to be same.
I have old 1200 with RS-card on office with FW1.0. It worked with TIA11 but not with TIA13 or newer blocks.
You are describing exactly what i have, I have cm-1241 firmware v1.0 programmed originally in v11 of portal but upgraded ( i think) to v14 or portal. Is there a way to flash the firmware that you are aware of? Or is that just a function of updates?

You are describing exactly what i have, I have cm-1241 firmware v1.0 programmed originally in v11 of portal but upgraded ( i think) to v14 or portal. Is there a way to flash the firmware that you are aware of? Or is that just a function of updates?

It is over year ago allready, so can't remember exactly everything. CM1214 module which we had maybe had even lower firmware than 1.0. We bought Both CPU and card when Siemen 1200 series was launched many many years ago.

Not sure either, if CM1214 firmware update is enought, or if you need both CPU and card firmware update.

You can update 1200 to newer, but v1.0 revision needs 256MB? Siemens SD-card. (Which is allmost same price or even more than whole 1200 CPU price.)
Via Profinet firmware update for CPU is available only later hardware versions.

To our problem we bought both new 1200 CPU and cm1214 card.
Whit that communication start to work.

I think that even tryed new 1200 CPU and that old cm1214 card, but it didn't work either.
Thinking still that CPU's diagnostic buffer didn't show any errors for CM-card even that it didnt work, not 100% sure thought.