Timer TON convertion from ms to min

Persephone

Hi there i was wondering if we can change in the TON the ms to min.....

or how can i make a transformation... that shows up in c-more.

cuz I am grabbing the data of the timer to show up in the hmi but the values are over 2000, and i want them to be 2 cifres

please help,

No, you cannot change how the timer increments. But you can use math to solve your problem.

If your timer is timing in milliseconds, then simply use a DIV to divide the accumulated value (by 1,000 to see seconds or 60,000 to see minutes). Store the result in a tag and then you configure the C-more application to look at that tag to display your timer value.

EDIT: I said MUL before instead of the correct DIV

OG

Last edited:
Assuming that the TON's accumulated milliseconds is a 32-bit integer, create a 32-bit integer tag in the C-More linked to it and scale the value in the numeric display. With that you can easily display the value in increments of tenths of a minute (six seconds). If you want the display to be in minutes and seconds you have to do a little more work which is probably easier done in the PLC than in the C-More.

For HMI's I never have the timer or counter directly read or written to,

I always MOV T.ACC to a DINT, to change it as you want simply DIV the.ACC but 60000 to a DINT or REAL - the REAL would show decimal places and can be truncated to 1 or 2 decimal places

Last edited:
Hi there i was wondering if we can change in the TON the ms to min.....

or how can i make a transformation... that shows up in c-more.

cuz I am grabbing the data of the timer to show up in the hmi but the values are over 2000, and i want them to be 2 cifres

please help,

Hi, remember as I_Automation stated, don't write directly to the timer. Also one can reverse the process and have a numerical keypad on the HMI that and an operator can enter a value say in minutes and the timer logic will get the preset in msec. Hope this helps.

Are you looking for minutes and seconds? Make new tags for the C-More to read in PLC for minute and second.

Seconds = (TON.acc DIV 1000) MOD 60
Minutes = ( (TON.acc DIV 1000) - Seconds) DIV 60