TIsoft 24 hour timer on a 505

supernim143

I have never worked on a Seimens controller before. This is a simple job, but I'm a little confused on a timer issue.

The customer wants to trigger a display after 24 hours of RUN TIME. I need a retentive timer that will work for 24 hours.

HELP?!

What if I set the timer preset for 3600seconds (1 hr) and use a counter up to 24? I can use the "running" bit for start/stop and the counter to reset. Sound feasible?

I THINK that STW142 is part of the Clock counter in the Ti series. Check STW142.16 (LSB) I think it ios the hour unit for the CPU if this is correct you could use that to trigger your counter or maybe there is another part of this word that may help

Similar Topics

Hi. I have 2 files where I would like to see the ladder logic differences (similar to the Rockwell compare function). I am using TISoft Siemens...
Replies
Views
Any old TI545 boys or girls reading this? Something I never figured out. We have one RS232 serial connection between our PC and the 545 Port 1...
Replies
Views
Hi, Just looking for a quick pointer. I want to upload an old program out of a Texas 305 PLC. The program was last downloaded in the 90s so...
Replies
Views
Hello all. I have got some Siemens TI305 PLC's with a 330 CPU. I am attempting to back up the software on them, connecting via D3-232-DCU with a...
Replies
Views
I have a TI 505 Program .V5P sent to me with no comments. I was then sent the .CMT file and I am wondering how to have the program update with...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom