Total Control Solution Touch Screen

piscis

Do anyone knows what cable and software do I need for JUST uploading the application from the Smart Touch panel HMI80100A2P to my laptop?

Thanks

Smart Touch was the predecessor of QuickPanel, if I am not mistaken. You use QuickPanel Software, TCP or whatever you can get your hands on. When I last uploaded and developed with a smart Touch, it was in 2000. I used TC QuickDesigner v3.4. Since then, TC sold to GE-Fanuc. Alot of changes since then, but the panel is pretty much the same, as is the cable.
The cable number varies according to the time.
The cable that you can buy through GE is P/N GPW-CB02

Two questions:

Where can I purchase a copy of QuickDesigner v3.4 (I really need to backup this data for one of my customer who is very worry)

Would I be able to connect my laptop with the GPW-CB02 and this software and upload this logic, without any dongs or any keys?

Yes, with the DEMO version. It will be fully functional for 5 days.
Go to GE Fanuc Website, and look for Quickdesigner. Someone should have it.....Maybe contact some distributers around you,

I looks like I would not be able to:

This is an email I got from Xicom:

Thank you for contacting Xycom Customer Support.

The Smart Touch units from GE\TCP are not supported by QuickDesigner, or any other software package we sell.

The Smart Touch units from GE\TCP are different from the QuickPanels that are supported by QuickDesigner.

Unfortunately, I believe that you will have to contact GE for the Smart Touch programing software.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Tom Eaton

ref:00D3Hqq.50032doli:ref

Tom Eaton

Application Engineering Team Leader

Direct line to Tech Support and Customer Care @ 734-944-0482 Main Phone 734-289-9266 (800-AT XYCOM) [email protected]
www.xycom.com