Touchscreen scratches/scuffing

JohnRatHolten

Hey All,

I'm wondering if anyone has some good tip/tricks for dealing with scratches and scuffs on touchscreens.

At this point I'm working on a PV+1000, that someone had cleaned with a scotchbrite pad.

Anyone tried using "headlight scratch remover" or something similar?

Regards,
JohnR

Hey All,

I'm wondering if anyone has some good tip/tricks for dealing with scratches and scuffs on touchscreens.

At this point I'm working on a PV+1000, that someone had cleaned with a scotchbrite pad.

Anyone tried using "headlight scratch remover" or something similar?

Regards,
JohnR

If the "if it's broke you can' make it worse" principle applies, I would try wet-sanding (220-, then 400-, finally 600-grit), then a very thin layer of something like clear varnish or polyurethane with the same refractive index (check in a corner that this does not dissolve the material first, and that it does not affect the touch mechanics/electrics, of course).

That's Wooden Bridge Syndrome though.

https://www.google.com/search?&q=touchscreen+scuff+repair yields toothpaste, alcohol, baking soda and a pencil eraser.

Last edited: