Translating SCL Comments with Simotion?

russg

Hi,

I have a program that is mainly coded with Italian comments. I want to find a way to export all the comments and then run them through google translate to then import them back into the project. I can only find a way to do this for the ladder blocks, but not the SCL blocks. Has anyone figured out how to do this?

Thanks in advance.

You should be able to do this as the tag level. Using a OPC data link and Excel You should be able to pull all the relevant stuff from the PLC, change it, then send it back.

If the comments in the SCL are text preceeded by a double slash e.g.

// a comment

then they will not be part of the project texts that can be exported. You will have to copy paste these manually, translate them and paste them back. You could write an app that will automate this - it all depends on the volume of comments in the SCL

If the comments in the SCL are text preceeded by a double slash e.g.

// a comment

then they will not be part of the project texts that can be exported. You will have to copy paste these manually, translate them and paste them back. You could write an app that will automate this - it all depends on the volume of comments in the SCL

Thanks for the reply. Is this something you have done before? Or know someone that has done this before?