Unable to get online with a Slc 5/05

If you are using Linx Classic, I had a problem with configuring the PIC driver if the Linx was running as a service. I had to shutdown linx, go to the rslinx classic launch control panel and stop Linx from running as a service.

Next option is to manually configure by going through all of the options.

Silly questions time.

Have you tried to go on to another PLC - maybe it is the cable?
Do you have a copy of the program, that way you can check the configuration?
Do you have a copy of the touchscreen?
Do you have a copy of the touchscreen program?

Driver: 1747-PIC\AIC driver

enter your correct coms rate. may have to experiment here
Plug cable into com and AIC

Should be OK to run

There is no auto baud as in DF1 setup.

Cheers

Just checked one of our systems similar to yours.

It does use DF1

Have you selected
Device:SLC- Cho etc

Then Autoconfig

Thanks

Hello Mic..

Yes I selected SLC ch0

I also set up a pic driver and done as you stated.

Still this thing wont set up. 🔨
I have never had this much trouble getting online with something.

This is one of those silly question answer things

In RSLinx stop all drivers
If you have a PIC driver blow it away as it can't be stopped
Go and configure a DF1 driver selecting the correct comms port possibly 1 Channel 0 then try auto config

the normal values that come back are 19200 CRC

This is not difficult. You are wasting time on the wrong approaches.

If you have PanelView and a 1761-Net-AIC connected, then the serial port of the SLC-5/05 is assuredly configured for DH485 protocol. The only way to connect using a serial 1747-CP3 cable and the 1761-NET-AIC is to configure the 1747-PIC/AIC+ driver in RSLinx Classic.

The settings are nearly trivial; select an unused node number (let's guess the PLC and PanelView are 1 and 2, so make the PC Node 3) and use 19200 baud.

The bad news is that this driver can be finicky in Windows NT/2000/XP. You've already read that it needs to run as a service, and it won't run at all over a USB/RS232 converter.

The right way to connect to an SLC-5/05 controller is using Ethernet.

Your PC's firewall is preventing the BOOTP Enable command from getting through. If you have the permissions, configure the Windows Firewall or other firewall to open TCP ports 67 and 68.

:confused: :p I got it to work. I had to use the ethernet. Ummm lets see... First thing I did was find a crossover cable that worked instead of using a cable that someone labled "X/O". Then I configured my laptops ethernet configuration to a manual IP that was in the same range as our networks IP. Then I configured a AB_ETHIP driver to browse the local subnet. When I opened Linx and browsed the driver that I had configured the processor was seen right away.

I did learn something about this whole ordeal...Never use an IP address that the equipment installer wrote on the drawings...Never use a crossover cable that is labled "X/O" 👨🏻‍🏫