UNIDRIVE 1405 Analog output help_AB pf 70

Parameters that I have e-mailed you are the original, I did have a chance to go thru them at the drive and they are exactly the same, the previous parameters that I posted wore written down on a sheet may not match to whats in the drive. Please ignore the parameters that I posted.

Last edited:
Damian, I got to get to the bottom of this, I downloaded CTSoft last night from Emerson, to be able to upload the parameters from the other equipment, question I have, what is the part number of the comms cable between the laptop and the drive. I have a laptop that has a serial port if that matters here. Let me know please. Is CTSoft all I need just to upload. Thanks

CtSoft should be all that you need. I assume you don't have any function modules that would be programmed separately (would start with a UD in the part number. There are two copies of the CTComms cable. One is RS232 and the other is USB. It is bascially just a rs485 converter. RS232 part number is CT-COMMS and USB is CT-USB. It is worth the $80 or so even if you are phasing them out.

I assume you don't have any function modules that would be programmed separately (would start with a UD in the part number
No there is no function modules.
All right hopefully I can get the comms cable this week and upload the parameters, I will post back.

I just took a closer look at the drives comm port it seems that it's a DB 15 pin where does the RJ-45 come into play here, I'm missing something?

untitled.jpg

A little of subject but I must post this. Had a 70 that the T leads went to the roof and had water get in the jacket of the wire, changed the impedance of the wire and the 70 thought the wire was bad. Put a 40 in and we were off and running, did not re-pull any wire. Some Times ther too "High End"

:doh2:Doh

Sorry, it's been a while. You need at least a UD71 serial comm module to connect to the old ones.

Then all you need is a null modem cable to hook up.

There is one on Ebay for $500. Ouch, my how obsolescene and scarecity can drive the prices up.

The 15pin D is an encoder input. You'll have to be careful when replacing the others as well. These drives can run closed loop (even servo) so you don't want to assume you can replace with a VFD.

A little of subject but I must post this. Had a 70 that the T leads went to the roof and had water get in the jacket of the wire, changed the impedance of the wire and the 70 thought the wire was bad. Put a 40 in and we were off and running, did not re-pull any wire. Some Times ther too "High End"
@old nerd not quite sure what you are refering to.