Unitary, modular and rack mounted PLC

plc

UNITARY
The Unitary PLC contains every feature of a basic system in one box. They are attached to the machine
being controlled.
Example: Allen-Bradley Micrologix 1000

MODULAR
These use a range of modules that slot together to build up a system. The basic modules are the power
supply, the main module containing the CPU, the input module and the output module. Other modules such
as A/D converters may be added. The main advantage is that the number of input and output terminals can
be expanded to cope with changes to the hardware system.
Example: Allen-Bradley Micrologix 1200

RACK MOUNTING
This is a similar concept to the modular design but the modules are on standard cards that slot into a
standard rack inside a cabinet.
Example: Allen-Bradley SLC 500[/quote]

Similar Topics

Hi, can i please get some help with these types of plc's 🤞🏻 what is the Unitary plc, Modular plc and Rack-Mounted plc? and also if possible...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I am very new to PLC's as a subject but am keen to learn! I am taking this subject at HNC/D level and have no previous knowledge on the...
Replies
Views
arhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! we need help please help us what are the characteristics of include unitary, modular and rack-mounted
Replies
Views
I know everyone has probably heard this question a million times before, but i really need some help. :embar: I have carried out a lot of...
Replies
Views
Just a quick couple of questions, i know how angry everyone gets when others try and get you to do their homework, i'm not after that. I just...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom