Unity Pro I/O Scanning

pauly

I have to set up some comms over Modbus TCP/IP to some Schneider Advantys remote I/O and ABB MNiS kit. Have been told the best way to do this is with I/O scanning. I have set up a first attempt and was wondering if there is anybody with any experience of this could take a look and see if it is on the right lines. I have attached a picture of the config.
The remote I/O islands in the description are the Advantys units and as a rough estimate it’s assumed 50 words in and out max from each one. The MCC component of the I/O scanning, I want to read say 30 words starting at Modbus register 40001 then another 60 words starting at register 41001. Then write to 30 registers starting at 43001.
Any help greatly appreciated.

modbus io scan.jpg

I haven't used IO scanning with that particular equipment, but I have used IO scanning to other gear.
The only comments i would make is that you need to make sure that the Health block is NOT overwriting actual IO. I had a problem with RTD signals suddenly dying before I realised what had happened.
Another comment is that I would put values in the Timeout and Repetitive Rate columns. Actually from what i remember, you cant compile the project unless the Repetitive Rate is a multiple of the Repetitive rate step.
Your last entry for 192.168.100.10 seems wonky. I assume you are still working on that part?