Unmanaged Ethernet Switches that save room on the Din Rail

borgie

e5-unmanaged-industrial-ethernet-switch.cfm
Unmanaged Ethernet Switch

We recently launched a new Ethernet switch that can be mounted outside the panel. Saves me time and room on the DIN Rail. We call it E5. This would be great for NFPA 70E minded people...

Last edited:
e5-unmanaged-industrial-ethernet-switch.cfm
Unmanaged Ethernet Switch

I just found this new Ethernet switch that can be mounted outside the panel. Saves me time and room on my DIN Rail. Check out the manufacturer's web page. They call it E5. This would be great for NFPA 70E minded people...

Pretty convenient they are located in the same town you are. Hmmm?

They do have nice stuff though.

Aww...you caught me. Sorry about that. I shouldn't have worded it the way I did. I just found this site and thought I could get a conversation going about our products, but didn't think anyone would listen they knew I worked for the company. Hope there's no hard feelings.

Aww...you caught me. Sorry about that. I shouldn't have worded it the way I did. I just found this site and thought I could get a conversation going about our products, but didn't think anyone would listen they knew I worked for the company. Hope there's no hard feelings.

Others do the same thing. But its usually an answer to someones question. It's ok if you are up front about it. Maybe a signature stating who you are and your relationship with that company.

Last edited:
little curious on your reference to nfpa 70(E) isn't that the US regulation governing isolation of the electrician while doing live electrical work greater than 50 volts?

Hi mordred,

Yes, that is correct. Having a port on the outside of the panel allows for status checks without having to open the panel door. That means no downtime to the machines. Also, customers like this product because it also frees up space on the DIN Rail.

There are several manufacturers that are regulars here and who contribute a lot to the forum, but they are always up front about who they are. Welcome, but please be careful of crossing the fine line between advertising (rule #1 - its right up there on the header at the top of the web page) and contributing solutions.

Just to be contrary, if you are laying out your cabinet so tight that you can't find the 1.5" you need for a 4-port Ethernet switch you may want to rethink your layout.

Keith

Just to be contrary, if you are laying out your cabinet so tight that you can't find the 1.5" you need for a 4-port Ethernet switch you may want to rethink your layout.

Keith

True...but if the cabinet is built and you lost the 1.5"... As in the system needs another motor which requires another motor starter that you did not know before the cabinet was built... having another place to put an ethernet switch is quite handy...

Keith

Man I only wish all My OEM's paid attention to that rule of thumb. Nothing is more fustrating than having to use a pair of needlenose plier to reconnect a line to a terminal strip that only has 1/2 " clearance.

There are several manufacturers that are regulars here and who contribute a lot to the forum, but they are always up front about who they are. Welcome, but please be careful of crossing the fine line between advertising (rule #1 - its right up there on the header at the top of the web page) and contributing solutions.

Alaric (and everyone else),

I just wanted to say that you are 100% correct. My intention was to get a conversation going about a thru-door solution and I didn't want to appear to "advertise", so with poor judgment I pretended to be just a regular joe. I truly regret that decision because not only is it contrary to my character, but it is also contrary to the character of my company. I humbly apologize for not being forthcoming. It was wrong and I will not repeat that mistake. Thanks for welcoming me, and I hope to earn your trust and respect with my comments in the future.

Kindest regards...