Upgrade to Comfort TP1200

Tweeker

Lifetime Supporting Member
I am upgrading a MP277 10 inch panel to a TP1200. How do I keep the aspect ratio the same so my screens look correct? I am using TIA Portal V14.

In the settings, there are a variety of options controlling how the screens handle the aspect ratio.

Try a few different options, migrate it a couple times, and see which looks best as a starting point

MP277 10: 640 x 480 pixels.
TP1200: 1280 x 800 pixels.

Unfortunately the horizontal resolution is exactly 2:1 whereas the vertical is 5:3.
So if you choose to automatically fit the objects, there will be distortions. Circles will becomes ovals.

I think I would select a fixed ratio 150 % when converting the MP277 to the TP1200, and then manually adjust all the screen objects one by one (!).

edit: If you select the ratio 166% you should get the closest to fully filling the TP1200 vertically. Horisontally there will be some unused area. You can possibly move the screen objects around to make better use of the horisontal aksis.
Dont round up to 167% as some objects will be placed partially outside the viewing area, and thus will not be shown at all in the runtime.

Last edited:
MP277 10: 640 x 480 pixels.
TP1200: 1280 x 800 pixels.

Unfortunately the horizontal resolution is exactly 2:1 whereas the vertical is 5:3.
So if you choose to automatically fit the objects, there will be distortions. Circles will becomes ovals.

I think I would select a fixed ratio 150 % when converting the MP277 to the TP1200, and then manually adjust all the screen objects one by one (!).

edit: If you select the ratio 166% you should get the closest to fully filling the TP1200 vertically. Horisontally there will be some unused area. You can possibly move the screen objects around to make better use of the horisontal aksis.
Dont round up to 167% as some objects will be placed partially outside the viewing area, and thus will not be shown at all in the runtime.

But where do I change the ratio??? I've looked every where in Portal V14 and cannot find where to make the adjustment.

Thanks.

Here it is, and select the free scale factor.
And keep aspect ratio unless you want circles becomes ovals:
wincc_v11_copy_picture_01_e.png

Thank you Jesper.

I changed the settings and downloaded to the HMI. The screens still look the same. In fact, nothing changes when I do a download. I tried to restore the HMI to factory defaults, but I cannot get that to work either.