Urgent help with weintek MT8121EX needed

OK, I think I'm getting somewhere. So I downloaded an empty project using Easy Builder and after the download I got a blue screen which was expected then I uploaded the original project and still get the blue screen. My settings are not complete, they can't be.

If using thumb drive, you could download instead of upload, and wipe out the original exob file. Not sure how, but that's what it sounds like.
When you were editing, EB Pro made some backups. Copy one of those, rename it, and download it to the HMI. Make sure you check the "runtime" box, so the version of runtime software in the HMI will match the runtime of your EB Pro.

Last edited:
There's a small issue that I noticed, we access two identical panels using VPN on Iphone and the one I modified show black screen when I access it using VPN and I believe that happens when the weintek screen goes to sleep and if I touch the HI screen it the screen on the phone immediately becomes visible. It sometimes wakes up moving my finger around the phone screen but not always. Is it my imagination or is there a setting that I can change?

Thanks
Kal

This is how we solved the Black Screen problem. The BackLight goes out after 10 minute of NO use (This is adjustable but this is a normal setting).

So what we did was to monitor the VNC connection bit and once a VNC connection has been made we turn the Backlight ON.

This is done through the PLC Control and it works like a charm.

BackLightControl.jpg

Edit, System Parameters..., General, Screen saver.
Be sure to set both Backlight saver and Screen saver.

In one of the demos, it has examples to set these on screen. What I do is copy the desired screen from the Demo project into my current project, and edit from there.
While in your current project, go to
Edit, Window Process, Window Copy...

I haven't had a chance to get back to that unit yet but was thinking about it. Where is the VNC connection bit set?
Also in the project I uploaded and decompiled from the unit VNC viewer object is not configured, specifically in the control tab the "Enable" check box is not checked. Is that necessary?

Edit: I just found the VNC client connection bit in the system tags but the bit set in the decompiled project was bit 0, could that have been reset during decompiling?

Thanks
Kal

Last edited:
OK, thanks damica1 I finally understand your post #23 :D It took a while.

That bit was not configured at all. I only had two PLC controls configured, Sound control and Change Window. How it ever worked if how it got removed if that was what happened is beyond me. I will configure it and try that out.

Thanks
Kal

I haven't had a chance to get back to that unit yet but was thinking about it. Where is the VNC connection bit set?
Also in the project I uploaded and decompiled from the unit VNC viewer object is not configured, specifically in the control tab the "Enable" check box is not checked. Is that necessary?

Edit: I just found the VNC client connection bit in the system tags but the bit set in the decompiled project was bit 0, could that have been reset during decompiling?

Thanks
Kal

The VNC connection bit only gets set to 1 when a VNC connection is made!

So decompiling a project and finding LB-12090 set to 0(zero) would be normal.