Urgent help with weintek MT8121EX needed

kalabdel

Hello guys,

So I uploaded the .exob, decompiled and made some changes then compiled and uploaded the project only to realize the buttons and other controls on the screen are no longer connected to the PLC.
So I uploaded the original .exob and ended up with the same results, lost connection of screen controls.
This is a live machine and any help is appreciated.

Edit: I scanned the network with wireshark and wientek is no longer looking for the PLC

Thanks
Kal

Last edited:
No such thing as stupid question.
Yes I rebooted a few time sometimes while the PLC ethernet cable is connected and sometimes without. I rebooted using the screen system and also by just unplugging the fuse.

I have a feeling there's a setting that got messed up somehow and it's a setting that I don't know cause everything I checked looks the same as before but the Weintek HMI is definitely not looking for the PLC's IP as it did when I first plugged in as that was how I found out the IP.

I should add it's connected to and OMRON CS1H if that makes any difference.

Kal

did you do your program download over Ethernet, I am just wondering if the hmi's ip got dumped for some reason

also what type of plc is it I am just looking at the weintek manual to maybe give you some ideas

Last edited:
Yes I downloaded via Ethernet but here's what I really don't understand, I initially unplugged the the ethernet cable from the unit and connected my laptop to it and scanned it with wireshark and the unit was then looking for the PLC's IP address but not now which doesn't make sense.
I can still connect to the unit and upload the project from it and when I checkk the settings the PLC's address is correct and so are the rest of the settings but still the unit doesn't even try to look for it.

It's an Omron CS1H
I also tried the diagnoser ad will try it again.

Thanks
Kal

Thanks dmaica1, the IP address and rest of the settings are correct but the unit is not even trying to look for an IP. Even the No PLC response message no longer appears when the ethernet cable is plugged from the HMI.

Kal

I don't understand "not looking". It should always be looking. When you reloaded the original EXOB, it should have worked.
Maybe the PLC is locked up. Can you Wireshark it? Reboot it? Does the PLC "get mad and throw a fault" whem HMI is disconnected?
You should be getting the yellow "PLC No Response" box on the HMI.

Hi Keith,

Earlier wireshark would show "Weintek .......who has 192.168.0.15 tell 192.168.0.10" or something like that but not anymore and the "PLC No Response" no longer shows up.
I can still connect to it with my laptop, upload and download but Easy Diagnoser keeps looking for HMI and does not do anything beyond that.

Thanks
Kal

No dip switches. I have two of them with no dip switches. Not sure if they're removable but I took them apart and there was no trace of them.

Kal

No Easy Builder is acting up and not allowing me to decomplile and keeps throwing a password error to files I have decompiled many times. I have to restart the system as starting the application didn't work.

I don't know what's going on now, I can not decomiple any file.
I don't even recall ever entering a password, is this the same password as upload? They're all 111111

error.jpg